Candidate filing opens on November 13, 2023, for the March 5, 2024, Primary Election! The last day to file nomination documents for this election is December 8, 2023, by 5 PM. However, if the incumbent fails to file the filing period will extend through December 13, 2023. The extended filing period does not extend for offices where the incumbent has termed out of office.
Our main Elections Office is located at 3715 Atherton Road in Rocklin, CA. Our office will be open for candidate filing Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
The Elections Office will be offering candidate filing in Tahoe and Auburn during the candidate filing period. Candidate Filing in Tahoe will take place at the Tahoe Customs House located at 775 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City on November 16, 21, 28, and 30, from 11 AM – 3 PM. Candidate filing in Auburn will take place at 2956 Richardson Drive in Auburn on Mondays, Wednesdays, and the last Friday of the candidate filing period from 8 AM to 5 PM.
There are two ways to pull your paperwork:
- In Person.
- Have an authorized representative pick up the candidate paperwork for you. To do so you must fill out and sign the Candidate Worksheet/Authorization Form in advance for your representative to present to the elections official.
*All original nomination documents along with a completed Declaration of Candidacy are due to our office with original signatures by 5 PM on the deadline to be a qualified candidate for this election (postmark does not count).
If you do not plan to execute your Declaration of Candidacy in person, it must be properly notarized by a California Public Notary and received in our office by the filing deadline, no exceptions.
We are available from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, by phone at 530-886-5650 (toll-free at 1-800-824-8683) or by email at [email protected].
- Candidate Guidelines
- Candidate Workshop Flyer
- Candidate Workshop Videos
- State Department of Transportation Statement of Responsibility for Political Signs
- District Verification: Click to verify which district you reside in (use residential address) – Most offices require you to live in the district you are running for.
- Candidate Worksheet and Authorization/Release Form Tutorial
- Ballot Designation Worksheet Tutorial
- Candidate Statement of Qualifications Tutorial
- FPPC Form 700 Tutorial
- FPPC Tutorial for Candidates and Treasurers
- Code of Fair Practices Tutorial
- Placer County Sign Form Tutorial
Links to City and Town Clerk Webpages:
Campaign Finance Disclosure:
Placer County’s e-filing system can be used to electronically file your financial disclosure statements to meet deadlines. In addition, Placer County requires the original signature to be filed, and it must be received in a timely manner thereafter. For pre-election filings the original is required by personal delivery or guaranteed overnight service.